Braiiinnnzzzz! Zombies are real. Or…Zombies are a real thing that really terrifies me. Zombies also happen to be the subject of the much anticipated Netflix Korean drama, Kingdom.
First off, let’s check out the teaser which Netflix just released and you’ll see part of the reason why we’re, despite our fears, so excited about this drama.
I probably don’t need to go on talking about why I’m so excited about this drama, right? The teaser pretty much says it all. Though, unless you were too scared to watch, let me tell you why you should put your fears aside and watch this drama.
- Money. It’s a Netflix drama which means it has Netflix money behind it. IE the production value is through the roof. We’re talking amazing and creepy af cinematography and movie quality costume design.
- Preproduced. Again, it’s a Netflix drama which means this thing is totally already in the bag. Unlike live shoots, the quality you see in the trailer? You’re going to see that straight through to the end. No, “whoops, we didn’t have time to finish!”
- For a third time, it’s a Netflix drama, the likelihood of them dropping all of the episodes at once is extremely high. Who else can see a weekend tucked safely underneath the patented Scary Movie Blanket (an afghan if you’re wondering) binge-watching this thing? If I’m going to be scared pantsless, then I’d prefer to get it all done in one go.
- It’s a Netflix drama! I don’t know about you, but I really want to support the wave of Korena content on Netflix. Now that they’re noticing how awesome Kdramas are, I want to make sure that they don’t move along due to disinterest.
- Bae Doona. She’s such a great actress! If you haven’t had the chance to see her in a drama, you should check out Gloria, it’s a little old, it’s a little long, it’s a lot makjang, but totally worth it. I’ve been waiting for the right drama to catch now that she’s back creating Korean content, and this is totally going to be it.
- Writer Kim Eun Hee. Remember her? Maybe not because she’s been working on this for a while now. She was the writer of Signal which was really well written, well paced, filled with surprises, with some strong female characters. While the last couple of episodes still stick in my side, Signal was such an incredible ride, that if she writes it, I’ll at least check it out.
So, with all of these reasons, make sure to mark your calendars for January 25th. And if you’re in the Denver area, let me know and I’ll let you borrow the scary movie blanket…I think we’re gonna need it.