Khottie of the Week: Suga

Posted by KpopontheDL on March 11, 2017

Khottie of the Week/ Music

The time has come, my loves, to talk about Ultimate Biases.  The bias that has to be removed from any bias game list because they always win, no matter what.  The bias that is like your favorite food, your favorite song and your favorite book all rolled into one.  The bias where you’d happily wear a commitment ring (but don’t because you don’t even wear your own wedding ring and you don’t want to have that discussion with your husband. Also, you’re not 13.). Fair warning, this post will have exactly zero chill.

Happy birthday Min Yoongi!  I’ve been waiting impatiently for him to become Kchat Jjigae legal.  He is a small, sleepy, slight cranky, and brilliant part of my heart.  When did he take up residence there?  I’m not 100% sure.  I fell into Kpop right about the time BTS came out with Dope.

Hot blonde rapper, with believable swag, in a uniform?  Yes, please!  (For those of you keeping track at home, I think we’d already added uniforms to my fetish list).

So I started in on their back catalog and was met with this.  A friend who I was watching videos with (and who I didn’t manage to convert to the gospel of Kpop) says he looks scary here.  Maybe. But also, beautiful under that ridiculous outfit.  That gaze.

I love how his sexy almost always has a little bit of sass.

I love his heavy eyes.

Obligatory abs photo. It’s silly and yet, I can’t stop wanting to do things.

I love how he’s snarky, without being mean.

He has a hilarious sense of humor.

I love that he’s a bit of a bad boy, but he’s so much more than that.

He can be both hard and soft.

Relaxed and full of anger.

Sexy and fluffy cute.

But I really fell in love with him when I got to see how much he loves and care about his fans, and how strong his work ethic is.

He wants to deserve everything he gets and he wants to deliver on what he promises. This series of tweets just killed me.

I was, along with the rest of the fandom, emotionally compromised by Suga’s solo turn as Agust D.  It was a raw, and incredibly brave, musical soul-baring.

Thankfully,  his humor has carried him through and BTS is achieving all their dreams.  And it looks like they’re having a good time doing it!

So, happy birthday to my Ultimate Bias, my heart, Suga.   See you all next week!

• Reply Spice Angel March 11, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Min Yoongi!!!!
    Happy Birthday!

• Reply -S March 12, 2017 at 4:35 am

Can I tell you a story that could possibly make you jealous?

• Reply KpopontheDL March 12, 2017 at 8:55 pm

Go for it! I’m a firm believer in the sharing of the wonderfulness that is idols.

• Reply -S March 14, 2017 at 10:57 am

I was actually on the same flight as Suga between Busan and Osaka in January 2016! I really wanted to say that I was a fan or something and had plenty of opportunity to (we were behind him all the way through immigration), but he was by himself and either no one else noticed who he was, or had decided to leave him alone, and we didn’t want to disturb him. It was super cool, though!

• Reply KpopontheDL March 15, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Oh. my. god. Honestly, you’d have needed one of those defibrillators for me. My heart would have stopped. I wouldn’t have approached him either, but I’d have had heart-eyes and shortness of breath.

Just between you, me, and whoever else reads these things… When BTS was at KCon and there was the very slight possibility I might get a hi touch? I cried. It was all just too much. I’m a 45 year old, happily married, generally perfectly sane individual, and I cried. What am I doing with my life? 🙂

Thank you for sharing your story!

• -S March 15, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Hahahah, don’t worry, it’s completely understandable! I felt the same way seeing Yongguk from BAP live in concert when they came to Australia (the venue was so small… I’m sure I could have got on stage and touched him before security would catch me 😛 ). No problems, although it’s really more like bragging 😉

• Reply Stephanie March 12, 2017 at 8:51 pm

HOLY FUDGE. I was not ready for this khottie. If anyone is looking for me I’ll be that melty pile of goo in the corner.