This episode of what has apparently turned out to be a series — What Ever Happened With… was suggested by reader Rebecca who had the place of mind to realize what I had not.
Dude. I’m not even sure how I missed that connection. So. Since Rebecca brought it up, now it makes me wonder too–Whatever Happened With Lee Hong Ki?
Why do I never remember Lee Hong Ki? I loved Jeremy in You’re Beautiful — who couldn’t? Jeremy was delightful and yet still managed to break all our hearts. Remember this?
Oh yeah. Broken Hearts across the board.
There was a time I actually rocked a Lee Hong Ki inspired haircut for a few years. I actually liked FTIsland. But now all I know about him? I don’t really want to watch his show Modern Farmer (or Bride of the Century). I don’t really listen to FTIsland, I’m not even sure if they have had any new releases lately. All I know are brief rumors about him being super cranky about what sort of music he wanted to put out.
It’s time to pull out our ever trusty Wikipedia and see what, if anything, Lee Hong Ki has been up too lately.
- Turns out he had his own solo album. Wonder if he was able to put out all his own style music. Question. Do we know the rest of the members of the band? Take CNBlue, we know each of them outside the band, all of them having their own careers. I even know one of them really, really likes deep sea fishing. (According to his Instagram.) Or I even know the members of the band enough to know that they have solo Instagram–and even follow a few of them. Oddly, though now that I think about it, not Yong Hwa. FTIsland? I could not name for you a single other member. Sorry boys.
- Hey. Turns out he was supposed to be in the drama, Master of Study (or God of Study) but due to scheduling conflicts had to back out. Wasn’t Park Shin Hye in that? I know Lee Min Ho was. I think. Or was that I Am Sam. Which one was T.O.P in?
- Modern Farmer, his last drama was 2014. Woah. That’s officially a really long time ago.
- Awww… Park Shin Hye starred in his music video for his solo album. That’s just too cute.
- Unfortunately, the only thing mentioned at all for 2016 was the fact he came out to be in a relationship with Han Bo Reum, who was also in Modern Farmer. Huh. Well, that’s cute.
- Wait! Turns out in 2016, he starred in a musical Those Days.
- He also hosts a radio show called Kiss the Radio
- In 2016, FTIsland came out with not one but two different releases, N.W.U (Japanese) and Where’s The Truth (Korean) which are entirely self-produced.
So. Like the other contenders for Park Shin Hye’s heart in You’re Beautiful, Lee Hong Ki seems to be doing pretty well for himself. I do wonder if he’s decided (or if others have decided for him) that he’s done with acting. I like to think he’s just decided to go back to his first passion, music, and settle in there. Now, I feel like I should, just on principal, go and give their new music a listen. You know, for old times sake. You probably should too, as you wouldn’t want to make Jeremy sad now, would you?
**If you have anyone you think is MIA and would like to me to investigate, put my crack investigational skills to finding out what’s happening with them, just let me know!