Now enter Choi Ye Geun…She is AMAZING. Girlfriend can sing. Sing with a capital S. She was a contestant on K-Star 2 during the same season as Akdong Musician and did fairly well…but obviously, she didn’t win. I don’t fault the outcome, we all know how I feel about those darling siblings, but I wish she had come away from the show with something more than a contract with a small agency and very little exposure.
Let me tell you exactly why the song Adult, her latest and only third single since 2013, deserves a million more views on Youtube. Or at least exactly why I think so…
- She is a solo female artist that rocks the type of singing voice that could kill in a smoky jazz club or a stadium full of screaming fans. She’s got this little rasp that pops out and makes me smile.
- The song has a cool retro feel that just slides under your skin and sticks with you…making you feel cool all day.
- She plays all of the rolls in the band for the video and she is fairly convincing on most of the instruments…it’s clear she knows her way around a studio.
- She is ADORABLE in all of the looks for the video. I want to hang out with her.
- Her eyebrow wiggle is the best.
Choi Ye Geun, Adult