February 9th: The Day The Music Dies

Posted by Stephanie on November 21, 2016

General

e3986a74-0eb5-4f81-9e17-b14632afc8d3All of it. Dead.

Hello. My name is Muerte.

Hello, Morty.*

It has been confirmed that the month of February will not only be taking T.O.P, it will also be whisking away McThrusty himself, Junsu. (Like we didn’t have enough to dread in the upcoming year…)

Can’t say it’s been any sort of surprise. This is the closest unkept secret in all of the land. Both guys took the test to become conscripted policemen, both men passed, and both men will be heading in on February 9th. (I will say, for a happy little fanfiction writer, this is like story gold. GOLD I tell you.) How is it that these two huge stars ended up being packed off on the same day?

More importantly, what will they be doing to prepare us as fans for this Khottie dry spell?

Junsu usually does his ballad concert at the end of the year, so I’m sure there’s that to look forward to (for people in Korea that is). BigBang also plans on coming out with a CD shortly (eye-roll to their announcement that they are coming out with a whole CD. It’s not a whole CD. They are finally comign out with the the full CD for the MADE album which came out in pieces last year. This is a pander CD and pander CD’s make somebody—me—quite irritated.). I’m guessing with such a short time between the announcement and the enlistment dates the chances of the rumored world tour is off the table as well.

Sometimes I hate rumors and inside tips. Getting all our hopes up for nothing.

Anyway, the countdown is officially on. Who not knows for whom the bell tolls?It tolls for thee(—fangirl).

Sigh.

Wonder if I can get out of work today with this news? I’m emotionally shot. Or maybe I should save it for the 9th itself.

*Bonus awesome points if you know what movie I’m referring to.

• Reply SpiceAngel November 21, 2016 at 1:13 pm

So sorry Stephanie…..

Maybe you should plan to take off Feb 9…

I totally understand the non excitement over a new/old Big Bang CD. Maybe there will be new music on it. We can only hope!

Cheers

• Reply SaraG November 21, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Crappiest birthday present ever

• Reply Stephanie December 24, 2016 at 2:32 pm

It’s like you’ve done something to anger the gods of Kpop.

ATONE!
      ATONE!

Before they decide to strike again.

• Reply Elena Linville November 21, 2016 at 1:37 pm

I know my heart died a little when I saw this news today 🙁 How will I live without my TOP and his IG updates for over a year????

• Reply Liz C November 21, 2016 at 10:38 pm

On the up side, I read that Jaejoong is getting discharged on Dec 30, so maybe there will be a Junsu-Jaejoong reunion between 12/30 and 2/9.

We’re getting at least 2 songs out of this BB album, so at least there’s that. And the possibility of fancams of TOP performing trot songs as part of the police entertainment unit.

• Reply Stephanie December 24, 2016 at 2:31 pm

I do like beefed up Jaejoong.

• Reply Cherry Cordial November 22, 2016 at 1:22 am

Heh, I know the reference, but I won’t ruin it for the others. Let’s just say, I had a cat named Morty because of it.

Oh yeah, and I’m so sorry for the (temporary) loss of two of your biases. My heart goes out to you.

• Reply Stephanie December 24, 2016 at 2:30 pm

And this is why we are friends.

• Reply humbledaisy1 November 22, 2016 at 9:57 am

You just need to make a 730 day countdown calendar. Maybe with a different picture of TOP or Junsu for every day? Special days could be marked with special group events like, say, on Junsu’s birthday, we all get the fab silver manicure from his Flower mv.