OKC: Show Poll, Cable Wins It!

Posted by Stephanie on February 28, 2016

General

okc-group-header-final

LAUGH. I have never, in all my OKC days, ever seen a vote which was so one sided. We’re talking it’s so one sided, us OKC admins don’t feel bad at all calling the thing early. Especially considering a couple of the shows we chose easily straddle both themes. Yay! Everyone wins!

Another thing which hasn’t happened before in the history of OKC, admins could not agree on which shows to choose, so rather than just doing the normal three shows, we’re going to put 4 shows up to vote! We have a couple of more serious meaty ones, and then a couple of the lighter fair—basically get a little bit in for everyone.

Get ready to see what the options are in…

Three….

Two…

One!

Misaeng

Misaeng

Jang Geu Rae played the board game go since he was a child. Playing the game was everything to him, but he failed to become a professional go player. Now he is thrown out into the real world. But when his gaming plans fail, the down-and-out Geu Rae is forced to get an office job and goes to work as an intern by an acquaintance’s recommendation for large company called One International. On his first day, Geu Rae faces the eager fellow intern An Yeong Yi as they both try to please their new boss, Section Chief Oh Sang Shik, and keep up with the ambitious employee Jang Baek Ki.

Episodes: 20

Network: tvN

Can be seen on: Viki

Flower Boy Next Door

Flower_Boy_Next_Door3

Ko Dok Mi lives peacefully in apartment #402 at Ocean Village. She rarely leaves her apartment. Since last fall, Ko Dok Mi has peeped out her apartment at her neighbor Tae Joon, who lives across from her. Peeping at Tae Joon has become part of Ko Dok Mi’s daily routine. Her comfortable and peaceful life is shattered, when a group of handsome neighbors appear at her door.
Video game designer Enrique Keum just came to Korea from Spain. He lives with Tae Joon. Oh Jin Rok lives in apartment #401 with his assistant Dong Hoon. Oh Jin Rok is a web comic writer and begins writing his new comic by observing Ko Dok Mi. There’s also Watanabe, who moved next to Ko Dok Mi.

Episodes: 16

Network: tvN

Can be seen on: Viki, DramaFever

Heartless City (Cruel City)

Heartless City

When her sister suffers a brutal fate while undercover in the crime underworld, Han Soo Min is driven to pick up where her sister left off. But in the shadows, there are no rules and no reason: Soo Min falls for the organization’s king pin, who also happens to be the prime suspect of her sister’s murder.

Episodes: 20

Network: jTBC

Can be seen on: Viki, DramaFever

Marriage Not Dating

marriage not dating

Wealthy plastic surgeon Gong Ki Tae is a successful and happy bachelor who does not want to find himself a wife. He believes that his life is perfectly planned, and being single is the only option he accept. However, his family is badgering him to marry. In an effort to get his parents off his back about the constant string of blind dates and marriage prospects, Ki Tae purposely brings Joo Jang Mi home to meet his parents posing as his girlfriend, certain that they’ll never approve of her.

Episodes: 16

Network: tvN

Can be seen on: Viki

Voting ends on Thursday, so get in your choice over at the OKC today!

• Reply teleriferchnyfain February 29, 2016 at 12:40 am

I do love Misaeng, but the drama that won MY heart in 2015 was Healer … sorry.

• Reply Stephanie February 29, 2016 at 11:46 am

That was definitely a good one! Need to add both to my rewatch list.

• Reply hariaharia February 29, 2016 at 7:25 am

Marriage Not Dating, by far! Why? Because it takes so much more to say so little. It’s a rom-con, so, by definition, lighter and funnier; no secrets, no emotional roller-coasters, nothing, zero (plus no phobias, at least nothing serious, lol). It was the acting and the perspective that made all the difference. It’s so easy for a rom-com to become silly along the way and so NOT easy to make the viewers laugh. This series did everything right and made it look so effortlessly easy (which I’sure it was not). Chapeau to the cast and crew, even if I’m almost two years late 🙂

• Reply Stephanie February 29, 2016 at 11:48 am

I have to admit, I don’t really remember much about it at all, except the smug satisfaction at what happened to the father at the end.

• Reply Molly in Kdramaland February 29, 2016 at 10:43 pm

I actually really liked Misaeng (brilliant everything Kdrama), Marriage Not Dating (adorable and well-done rom-com) and Flower Boy Next Door (such a good storyline – and Yoon Shi Yoon!!). The only one I haven’t seen is Heartless City, which I’ve heard is really good. Plus it has Kyung Jung Ho – a favorite actor of mine. Since I’ve seen the other shows, I’m going to vote for Heartless City. 🙂

• Reply Molly in Kdramaland February 29, 2016 at 10:46 pm

OMG, I mean Jung Kyung Ho NOT Kyung Jung Ho…….

• Reply denwanai March 1, 2016 at 1:13 am

Marriage not dating — Isn’t this the drama where the guy gets locked in the bathroom and passes out from dehydration…in the bathroom…with faucets. It was played as a serious scene. right?

• Reply Stephanie March 1, 2016 at 9:58 am

Yep, that’s the one! Hrm. And it’s crazy winning too. If I’d realized it was going to be so popular I wouldn’t have caved on having 4 options as its the one I least want to watch. Not that it was bad…but I’d prefer ANY of the other ones. It might be a mood. I do hate to lose 😉

• Reply Red is a Neutral March 3, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Is the water in Korea potable? I know in Taiwan, water that comes out of the tap is not safe for drinking. It has to be boiled first.

If that’s the case in Korea, then in makes sense that he might not think to drink the water. But still, he is a doctor…