Musical Monday: The Hello Are You There Edition

Posted by Stephanie on February 8, 2016

Music

image

Is it just me or is there not really anything out there, music wise, to get super excited about? Am I missing something? New groups? Favorite groups with new releases that passed me by? The odd sub unit? I’m not seeing anything catching my attention.

Which is rough when you have a weekly post talking about a song you like.

In times like these I go to my old standby, Mirrorball Music, my go to in everything Kindie. There I find new songs or, even better, new bands. Now, not everything is a win there as I am still a picky music person, and this time, I clicked through a lot of songs. A LOT of songs. Nothing caught my attention and I got a little disheartened. But then I saw it.

A band called Phonebooth.

In my head I was all, please be good, please be good as I clicked on it. And guess what? It was! It was a lot of what I like in a good Kindie band. The video was quirky (reminded me of a poor man’s Nell) and the song was varied and fun, and ended in a great crescendo. I will definitely be checking out more of Phonebooth’s music.
image

Here we are, another Musical Monday saved by Mirrorball. Thanks Mirrorball!

Phonebooth, The End Of The Earth

• Reply Starla February 8, 2016 at 8:47 pm

It’s not just you. It’s been hard for me to find anything good lately, even from those who usually catch my attention (I am a little picky). I did enjoy this song though so thanks for finding SOMETHING new for me to listen to.

• Reply Stephanie February 19, 2016 at 8:04 pm

THANK YOU! Glad it’s not just me.

• Reply humbledaisy1 February 8, 2016 at 9:22 pm

My last three “new to me” purchases came from the Kpop & Beer podcast – 45RPM Rapperstory, Lee Moon Sae’s Spring Breeze and BASTARZ’ Thief. But my favorite new song is – gasp – Cantonese. It’s MC Jin’s Hong Kong Superstar featuring Daniel Wu. It’s worth the money just to hear Daniel Wu speak anytime I want to hear him. MMMM.

• Reply Stephanie February 19, 2016 at 8:02 pm

Ooooh! Thanks for the suggestions!

• Reply Elena Linville February 8, 2016 at 10:43 pm

How about the new songs by WINNER on their mini album Exit: E? I love this one – Baby Baby

And this one – Pricked.

• Reply Stephanie February 19, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll check them out!

• Reply SaraG February 11, 2016 at 9:28 am

I would recommend checking out 3rd Line Butterfly, Fantastic Drugstore, Okdal, and Hyukoh (and Oh Hyuk’s other stuff) if you haven’t already. There is stuff out there to get excited about…even if you are excited in the not good way.