After weeks (and weeks and weeks) of waiting, the Try Guys videos from KCON have been released. They turned their stay with the rest of the K-fanatics into a 5 part video series covering, music, style, food, and of course, Kpop dance. So what did we think? Were they successful?
Try Guys Watch Kpop For the First Time
- This was by far my favorite video in the series, it was a lot of fun, the guys were funny without being awkward, and I got to see them react to a lot of great songs. They liked BigBang as much as we do!
- Seems a little bit of a cheat since we have seen the BuzzFeed crew watch Kpop for the first time before, and even saw (for those of us who lurk Eugene on social media) Eugene showing other BuzzFeeders Kpop ‘for the first time.”
- Usually I’m Eugene all the way, but Keith killed it in this video–his “Okay EXO everyone in the cage–also here’s a thousand articles of clothing–put them all on!” made me die with laughter.
- and his South Korea is the cool kids table? Yeah, I agree too!
- Is his name T.O.P because he just wears giant top hats? Well it seemed silly at first–but then when you think about it….
Try Guys Try Kpop Makeup
- Wouldn’t it have been funnier if they had tried to do their own Kpop makeup? It was a little boring just watching them have their faces made up.
- Eugene looked fierce, but the rest of them? It’s not often that I say that I could totally do that, but I could have recreated those looks and that is not saying much.
- I loved Eugene’s hair–I was so sad that he had it covered for the Kpop dance.
- “This is Keith…this is Kevin.” hahahaha!
Try Guys Try Korean Cooking
- Eh. Wasn’t quite as exciting as I’d hoped.
- Loved it when Eugene kept telling Zach “I’m not your mother.” It’s the little moments guys.
- When Eugene tricked Zach into trying the giant mouthful of Gochujang paste. “You fucked me hard.” Ugh, I can’t even imagine how that tasted. Oh, yes I can, bad. Very bad.
- How long do you think it took Ned to get the sesame oil off his face?
Try Guys Recreate Korean Drama Scenes
- Not gonna lie guys, this was a hard one to watch for me. Sometimes you just want to put Kpop in a large unmockable bubble.
- Yep, this video was just awkward to watch and not really that fun. Sorry Try Guys.
- Although I’m not sure if any show in any country in any language could come out looking good like this.
- I will say I giggled once Eugene and Ned broke character after they kissed.
- Whew. Glad that’s over.
And finally, the one we’ve all been waiting for!
Try Guys Try Kpop Dance Moves
- Since I was there for their actual performance, I was really looking forward to this one. I was a little surprised they show the full performance with the songs, but I guess they were worried about getting hit with copyright stuff. Although, they had the small box with the BigBang song, I wonder why didn’t do it with the rest of them.
- TGIF–“Try Guys is fun! Gramatically whatever” I wonder if they told them what the names of Kpop bands meant there are a lot of Grammar (or just plain common sense) whatevers in Kpop bands names.
- Eugene killed it–he is a great dancer who liked ‘showboating’ it in front of his other members.
- I laughed when they announced they raided Eugene’s suitcase for the performance–totally makes sense.
- If you want to see their performance with the songs, you can can check out my full video here.
- I loved how Eugene knew how everyone was going to react to everything.
- Where was all this taking place? How did I miss it all? I now consider myself super lucky to happen to be in the right place at the right time for their last performance–if I’d come home only to realize I’d been it in the same place they were and missed it? It wouldn’t have been good guys.
- Ultimately, I while I didn’t love the series (I think their stand alone videos are usually more entertaining than the series) it was fun and hey, anything that promotes what we love to the masses is okay in my book.
- It was so cute how excited and happy Eugene was that Kpop and Kentertainment was spreading here, becoming more accessible to the masses as it wasn’t easy for him growing up here being the odd one out.
- What a cool feeling watching the video knowing I was there when they filmed it! What a great experience. See here’s me (Thanks bright pink phone case for allowing to pick myself out of the crowd):
So what did you think of the series?