No! Don’t Go Noh!

Posted by Stephanie on August 16, 2015

General

love sick 3

Who is not ready to say goodbye? That would be me. And I’m guessing all of you other Sickos (lovers of Love Sick: The Series) out there are also weeping a little tear, thinking of the end of this beloved show.

But we have 12 more episodes, you say? Why am I already crying about it now, you ask? I saw this on Instagram:

Goodbye "No". Thank you for everything.

A post shared by Chonlathorn Kongyingyong (@ccaptainch) on

Yes I follow Captain and White on Instagram. I also follow the official Love Sick Season 2 thread—what do you want to do about it? Huh?

Knowing that they have finished filming the drama, and the actors are already walking away made me realize how much I’m not ready to let this show go—although as they’ve gotten to <spoiler> the point where they are officially ready to give their relationship a try </spoiler>—it’s probably a good thing that they end soon. There is nothing quite so bad as a show sticking around for longer than necessary—you know—like US shows, where they routinely ruin characters with the dirty linger.

Now, I’ve liked shows before, I’ve been that person who pauses a show to see how much time was left in the last episode because I don’t want to reach the end. I’ve also, on occasion, finished the last episode only to start again with episode one—but this is the first time I’ve simulcasted a show where I’ve been so connected with the characters.

It’s been a fun experience, and hopefully one I’ll have again.

love sick 5

But for now, I will sit here and mourn the end of my new favorite show. I’ll look forward to finally reading the novel Love Sick is based on. I’ll anticipate the day where I won’t have to grumble the words, “Fucking Jeed.” I’ll start planning the round-up podcast with the ladies.

Although the podcast listeners are probably looking forward to the day where we stop yammering on about it…

Going back to the Love Sick ending thing though–it does make you wonder if this answers the Love Sick season three rumors. If our main couple is saying goodbye to the characters, then the chances of them coming back for another round seem small. Does this mean that the show is a rumor? Or does this mean the show will go on without them? Between you, me, and the lamppost, the producers and marketing team seem a little money hungry (with its incessant PPL and trying to make spin-off shows work), so I wouldn’t put it past them.

love sick 4

If this is the case, though, is it the same show? Within season two they’ve added enough side characters and alternate OTPs (Ohm/Mick, Win/whoever he ends up with, Earn/and whoever he gets, and let’s not forget Phun’s sister and her cute romance) to make the worked big enough to build more stories—but how would they explain away Phun and Noh not being there? And, more importantly, would the original book author be involved? We’ve been able to accept the changes to the story because we heard p’Hed was heavily involved and we knew she had her characters best interest at heart—but without her supervision, would it be as good of a drama?

While I liked the world of Love Sick, and I do like some of the other couples, I’m there for one thing: Phun/Noh. Without them? It will probably reach second season for me (the time where I usually lose interest in a drama). And I’d hate to see what was such an enjoyable drama’s reputation dragged down because the production team doesn’t know when to quit.

So here’s a question for you—have you had a drama where the end closing in made you sad? That you just didn’t want to end? What was it?

• Reply Brenda August 17, 2015 at 6:19 pm

I’ve really only experience not wanting to let a TV show go when it was an American series I loved that got cancelled without being properly wrapped up. So, Firefly, Veronica Mars, Life, for example. The fact that kdramas almost always are complete, like a novel, is one of the reasons I love them so much.

• Reply MC Johnston August 20, 2015 at 2:20 am

Yes! Firefly and Life! Both were so good and it was a shame that they were canceled. But usually I don’t mind when the show is over if the ending is good. LoveSick without Noh and Phun would be of little interest to me. I like the other couples but I really watch for the main pair.

• Reply Juno December 13, 2015 at 7:07 am

Hi! Just stumbled on this blog..I feel you Hun I recently knew about this drama when I was hospitalized and it helped heal a little faster because I feel very inspired and happy!

I would be really happy if there’s a season 3 as I cried so much when I was done watching season 2 but hiven the thought, it would really suck BIG TIME if White and Captain is not included or the main characters for that season!

Only thing I could have asked for is they could have stick with the novel! I really do not understand why the author herself changed the story or some part when it’s really lovely!!!

Though I understand that White and Captain are new actors, it could have been better if they have read the norl w/c could have helped them with their delivery

I adore both of them but Captain most of the time seems disgusted with their kissing or hug scenes! I only read few times where “Noh” was actually acting that he don’t like to be hug by “Phun” but Captain is really having problem with the delivery of the scenes!!! Just my opinion and I still love the series and I would’nt choose any actor because the chemistry between them is superb!

• Reply Stephanie December 14, 2015 at 10:58 am

YAY!! Thanks for stumbling! I hope you’re feeling better! This show just makes me so happy. Yeah, as much as I love the show though, I would not want it to have a season 3. Look at the difference in story when the drama writer tried to go away from the book, we get a bunch of messy storylines. I would hate for a season 3 to ruin what we liked about the original.

• Reply frankie February 18, 2016 at 10:42 pm

phun and noh are the best!

• Reply Stephanie February 19, 2016 at 6:57 pm

PhunNoh4Life!

• Reply Yoon Mi March 19, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Do u know where i can find eng sub for season 2 for all ep40? :3 i can only find till 20

• Reply Stephanie March 20, 2016 at 12:05 am

Upside, you still have episodes to go. Downside? Not as many as you think. There are only 35 episodes in season 2. You can find the whole series on Kissasian.

• Reply shane March 28, 2016 at 3:45 pm

looking back to the times when i was watching lovesick, i still cant forget how phunnoh couple plant this lingering feeling in my heart, i cant stop smiling, they’re just too cute and up until now i am still looking for season three but unfortunately, i think season 2 is really the end, since i just cant move on with this series i am still watching those cute scenes on youtube and i am planning to watch lovesick season 1 and 2 again. gosh lovesick what have you done.

• Reply Stephanie March 31, 2016 at 10:10 pm

Yep, it ends at season 2. I know we love PhunNoh, and we LOVE PhunNoh, I hope they keep it at season 2. From reading the book and watching the show, seeing that the crazy parts were all parts which were not part of the original book, I would worry about whatever story they might come up with completley off book. Luckily, it seems like they know how popular these stories are and seem to have more and more of them in the pipeline now. I just can’t quit these two and reread and rewatch all the time! (Especially the copy out there with all the girl parts cut out…)

• Reply Rizal Sruss June 20, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Demm im sooo late!! But i finished watching both seasons within 72 hrs .. And im sleepy! Stumble upon ur blog as i was lookin for more info on d peeps who act in the series. I really hope there is a season 3 maybe showing life at pre-u. But They must have both captain n white (tq 2u i know rheir names now!) else i will go to bangkok and do a jeed tantrum .
    On the girls character, i really like jeed and grace in d beginnng, n hate moan for being so rough n yuri for such a naive girl.. And i end up liking moan/yuri by ep 28.
    Hence, They r really important in this series, proving thAt regardless of str8 or “love” couple , they all will face problems, and as proven in d end #lovewins while d str8 relation is well .. Hanging. A gd life lesson for young LGBT.

• Reply Anonymous June 30, 2016 at 7:16 pm

I wanna see that series will continue while they already working and married 🙂 i am sure that ending is more perfect and I believe many people like that so.Hopefully director will think about it..thank you.

• Reply ender October 8, 2016 at 12:49 pm

I hate goodbyes. Uggghhh I’m about to watch the last episode of season 2 but I feel like not watching it. I’m so attached in their world that the idea of watching the finale would left me broken. I just hope season 3 will be realized with an easy “let go” scenes, for season two episodes are aggressive, exciting but cute at the same time. I already miss the characters just thinking the idea of goodbye. Uggghhh huh I hate goodbyes.

• Reply Red January 7, 2017 at 11:10 am

I can’t. I just can’t I don’t want to say goodbye and it’s left me with wanting a season three. I respect those who say it should end in season 2 to protect the integrity of the original story but I’d be willing to watch then in season 3, if ever it’s realized. To Phun, Noh and rest of the cast, all i want to say is thank you. The sacrifice you guys give for us is very much appreciated.