Episode 28: Kdrama Unwrapped
Find it Here
Holy Gdragon, this is the second week in a row we’ve managed to keep the podcast under a manageable level. I’m so proud! This week, we talk about how Cherry and Amber tricked Stephanie into either watching terrible dramas, or not watching dramas at all. We also talk about the rash of injuries in Kdramaland, the results of our BigBang ticket hunt, what we’re watching (or in Stephanie’s case, which fanfiction she’s now reading), answer a question on whether or not it is worth it to go to KCon, and then end up with a discussion whether drama-writers owe anything, story-wise, to the watchers.
Song of a Day
Bang Bang Bang – BigBang
If you have a listener question you’d like to ask us, be it drama related, casting, recommendations, really anything you can think of, please let us know. We can be reached via our website contact form, firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you’d like to leave a voicemail we could play on the air give us a call at 1-347-674-9310.
Murphy’s Law of Love
Love Weaves Through a Millennium
King of Dramas
How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor
Life is Beautiful
Smile Dong Hae
Song Joong Ki
Jo In Sung
Kim Jong Kook
Lee Kwang Soo
Lee Joon Ki
Choi Joon Hyuk
Lee Seung Gi
Park Shi Hoo
As with last week Like Love warning, there is a caveat to our suggesting the fanfiction, Dark Horse. Yes, we both enjoyed it tremendously, however, the plots include both gay and straight storylines, and, while it’s not super graphic, the writer puts in ‘sexy time’ warnings. So, if you are okay with all of that, go ahead; if you are not, best to stay away.
- Point of Origin [Cherry: This is the one that I gave to Stephanie first. I didn’t tell her to read any more, no matter what she says. 😛 ]
- Dark Horse
Stephanie would like to apologize to the following
- An Ziyan, she knows she said she’d be totally fine with Like Love season 2 focusing on another couple, but then she realized that meant there would be less of you, and she wants to deeply apologize for that assumption.
- Song Joong Ki, sorry for implying you were a dud in Running Man.
- Jacqueline, for the pressure. But seriously, watch it.
- Amber, for placing all of the blame of Prince’s Prince upon your shoulders. But you did suggest it, so you should shoulder at least some of it…
Thanks for listening! See you next time.