Bad News, Sickos!

Posted by Stephanie on June 12, 2015

General

love sick the series

For those of you out there who are rabid Love Sick fans, I’m about to make you really sad. Like really, really sad. Before I tell you, I’m going to ask for you to do two things for me: 1) Sit down. Are you sitting? Okay then. 2) Don’t blame the messenger. I’m just as disappointed as you are.

Are you ready?

Word came down the pipeline that the drama will go on hiatus after episode 24 for 5 weeks, to allow another drama to be shown.

What. The. Fudge.

You can’t do this to us! Don’t you know that we fans of Love Sick are an eager and desperate group of women who, inside—deep, deep, deep on the inside—are a little bit embarrassed that a Thai, teenage, gay drama has taken over our lives in such a way?

love sick

To take a break part way through, it gives us time to worry. Why are they really doing this? Is it like American TV, when they are like, “oh, it’s just off the air for a little while, but it will be back soon. For real! Now stop sending us (enter whatever random article associated with the fandom that is being mailed in bulk to producers).” Or is this just something Thai networks do? I don’t know, this is the first time I’ve ever been addicted to a Thai drama before!

We’ll also be left to ponder all of the important, nail-biting questions. Will these two guys actually end up together in the end? When will Phun learn the truth about his girlfriend? Is OmMicky the cutest things ever? (Answer yes, but only after PhunNoh.) And most importantly, will they ever finally stop giving so much screen time to Jeed? I’m pretty sure we, as fans, can all get together and agree—we don’t freaking care. I’d say original writer doesn’t either, considering the fact that she only shows up briefly in the book.

You know who else I feel bad for? KudaLakorn. The lady who, out of the kindness of her heart (and if people do not stop heckling her, there will be heck to pay) is subbing the drama for us. While yes, she’ll get a nice break, from what I can only guess is a massive amount of work, she will of course be inundated with people demanding where the next episode is. Seriously guys—she doesn’t have to do this for us. She could at one point say, “You want to yell at me? Well how about I don’t sub at all??” How would you like that guys? HOW WOULD YOU LIKE THAT??

Ahem. Tangent. I may have just let you inside my own little fear-riddled head.

Anyway. I’m bummed guys, bummed. I guess I have one more question. What do you think the thing is we should send to the producers so they think twice about doing anything rash with our show? I should probably stock up. You know. Just in case.

• Reply Amber Kmuse June 15, 2015 at 12:05 am

This is actually the longest Lakorn I have ever watched. Usually they are between 12 (1.5 hr long) episodes or so. So that might have something to do with it.

• Reply vee June 17, 2015 at 8:07 am

I think that’s actually a good thing, since they’re live-shooting it and they were waiting for fan reactions before deciding on how to continue on with the story. Earnpete became a really popular otp for example (they trend regularly on Thai twitter), so that’s a good thing for Earnpete shippers since originally they weren’t supposed to get much progress this season 😀

• Reply Stephanie June 18, 2015 at 10:15 am

I’m really liking OhmMick, oooh and after these last episodes those two guys who live next to each other just hurt my heart. Actually, I’ll take anything that is not Jeed.

• Reply Jacqueline June 17, 2015 at 9:10 am

See, this is why I get happy that I’m a stubborn butt-face who refuses to watch something until it’s completely finished, posted, and subbed. One, so I can make sure as kittens that it’ll have an HEA and two, because YAY NO TEMPORARY HEARTBREAK!

Then again, I’m also left sitting out in the cold, desperately wanting to fangirl and not being able to yet. DAMMIT DO YOU SEE MY PROBLEM?! Haha. Hopefully the show WILL come back. Oh, God, what if they’re like “Wink wink nod nod we’ll be back no we won’t?” I don’t know why that’s a thought in my brain space but it is. And now I’m a’scurred.

• Reply Stephanie June 18, 2015 at 10:14 am

WATCH IT! FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE, WATCH IT! I swear I’ll be able to hear your squeeees from here.

• Reply Cherry Cordial June 18, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Jacqueline, you should totally watch it. Judging by the book (which you should read as well) they’re ending up together, and in the meantime, you get to squee over all the cute moments. I watched the latest subbed episodes last night, and it’s making my currently busy-stressful week so much better just by existing.

I can’t wait until last week’s episodes are subbed, since I’ve been promised more cute couplehood! I’m looking forward to it so much that I’ve been threatening Stephanie with watching the raws (you know, since I already read the book).

• Reply Stephanie June 18, 2015 at 2:30 pm

DOoooo it Jacqueline, doooooo it. You know you want to. All the cool kids are doing it…