Episode 27: Kdrama vs All The Other Dramas
Find it Here
In this episode, Stephanie was determined to get the podcast to a manageable length. We chat about Chinese dramas, which seems to have taken over our current drama watching, KCon updates, BigBang, comments on comments, we draw the winner for the year anniversary giveaway (thanks for entering guys!), and then we end on something a little different—Stephanie’s Ranty Corner, where she talks about DramaFever’s apparent decision to start carrying BBC programming. All in all, one of the best times we’ve had in a while!
Song of a Day
Awesome – N.Flying
If you have a listener question you’d like to ask us, be it drama related, casting, recommendations, really anything you can think of, please let us know. We can be reached via our website contact form, firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you’d like to leave a voicemail we could play on the air give us a call at 1-347-674-9310.
EXO Next Door
Love Sick Season 2
It Started With a Kiss
Shan Shan Comes to Eat
Real Men with Amber of f(x)
My Little Television with Key of SHINee
Queen In Hyun’s Man
I Hear Your Voice
Shut Up Flower Boy Band
Boys Over Flowers
Choi Min Soo
Yoo Jae Suk
So Ji Sub
Choi Woo Shik
Shin Hyun Bin
Kim Seul Gi
Jung Ryeo Won
Lee Jong Suk
Park Shi Yeon
Moon Chae Won
Park Shi Hoo
BigBang Art Instagram: Taking High Art Down
Purplrr, you are a winner!
Make sure to contact us and let us know where to send your awesome prizes!
Clarifications and Omissions
- In this episode, we talk (a bit at length) on the Chinese drama, Like Love. Again, we’d like to reiterate, we think it is cute, but it is by no means a well-made drama. We found it to be cute, and a refreshing entry into the very, very limited gay drama field. And we most especially recommend that you make sure you watch the drama episodes and not the ‘uncut’ version. In the uncut version, there is a… ahem… rather explicit and badly (very, very badly) edited scene featuring some boom-boom-jiggity. We don’t want you to 1) be surprised or 2) think we’re tricking you into watching it. You know, unless you like that sort of thing, and in that case, have at it hoss. But again, it is so badly edited as to be cringe-worthy.
- We compare Cruel Romance to Jayne Ann Krentz, a contemporary romance writer who also writes historicals under the name Amanda Quick and futuristics as Jayne Castle.
Stephanie would like to apologize to the following
- Anyone who accidentally watches the uncut version of Like Love.
- Anyone who watches Like Love and realizes, this is actually really, really bad.
- Fans of Pang. It’s not like she doesn’t like Pang, she is just looking forward to lots of other story lines.
- Moooobs—sorry, Amber!
- Cherry, for taunting you for your lack of drama watching.
Thanks for listening! See you next time.