Today the second set of songs from BigBang’s new album were released. Unlike last time a MV was only released for Bang Bang Bang and just a music track for the second—word on the street is the second video will be released on 6/5.
While I like the pace of this song, it’s kind of a mixed bag for me. The song is a little disjointed—almost like they wrote it in parts and then put it all together at the end. Because of this, there are parts of this song that I love and parts I will have to wait for time to pass, to let the song to sink in, and then I’m sure I’ll like them. (here’s hoping.) The parts of the song I liked the best? When they hit what I thought might be the two choruses and basically when, in the video, they were all together, having fun.
Speaking of fun, the video was interesting to watch, and it has the same sort of color palate as the Bae Bae video. Watching it, a lot was passing through my excited brain—here are some of my weird thoughts:
1) They are starting with Taeyang? Nothing wrong with that, it just seems weird whenever GDragon doesn’t kick off the show. (Not to mention, Taeyang is rocking the pink hair! He looks awesome here.)
2) Don’t mind me, I’m just dancin’, you know, with my gang of shirtless buff guys.
3) T.O.P what are they doing to you? Why are you DANCING? Someone is trying very, very hard to kill my love for you. I shall not let it happen. Do you hear me? THIS SHIP WON’T DIE.
4) Duuuude. It’s T.O.P as the astronaut! He’s having an awkward dance battle with himself. And I see they kept the weird contacts—at least they covered the Bae Bae hair?
5) SEUNGRI—didn’t your mother ever tell you not to throw sand? Not only is it rude but it’s a bitch to get out of your hair.
6) T.O.P! What up with you and the crazy hats? Somewhere in the world there is a band geek who is missing his hat.
7) BigBang + Black Leather – Dumb Hat = HAWT
8) I love the red! I feel he’s not really GD unless his hair is some crazy color.
9) For the love of Mike will someone please give Daesung a hairband? I don’t understand why they didn’t give him another look for this video. Did they get to him and go “Aw naw, that’s perfect!” It is not perfect. It makes him look dumb. And if you’re going to make him look dumb, you might as well let him be shirtless to at least give him some chance with the ladies.
10) Hot fucking damn. Sorry for the profanity—there is just no other words to describe the feelings I get from GD.
11) Why are GD and this lady chained up together? That’s not going to go over well.
12) How is it Taeyang is the only one wearing a shirt?? This is not the Taeyang we know and love.
13) Not another hat—LEAVE THOSE POOR BAND GEEKS ALONE, T.O.P!! They have enough to worry about without you jumping them and stealing their hats.
14) Ummm… who thought it was a good idea to put Seungri in a headdress? No, no it is not a good idea. Toss up as to which people are going to have a problem with more, this or the lady on the chain. Not to mention it gives the whole thing a sort of a weird, YMCA vibe. Not a good look for anyone.
15) Stop trying to be sexy Daesung, with that haircut it’s just not happening.
16) Seatbelts guys, seatbelts.
17) This just looks fun—and look! Daesung does have eyes under that hair!
18) Oh Good Lord. Stop it GDragon, stop trying to make me like you more than T.O.P. It won’t work, I swear it won’t.
PS: I bet you picked glitter off yourself for weeks after.
19) Awwww…. our boys just having fun!
20) Their dance kind of looks like it came right out of my Zumba class.
21) Why are the backup dancers the only ones without shirts on? Do they not know what the fangirls are looking for??? Not me of course, I’m dignified and am, of course, only here for the music and interesting social commentary.
Now check out the video and see what YOU think!
BigBang, Bang Bang Bang